Hampshire County Council - Review of Local Bus and Community Transport services
HCC are proposing to undertake a review of local bus and
community transport services in Hampshire – this is likely to have
implications upon a number of bus services, subsidises and potentially
the use of concessionary fares for many Test Valley residents. The
consultation period will run from today until the end of May 2014, you
are urged to completed the form if you or your organisation is likely to
What is this consultation about?
Hampshire County Council needs to save £1.25-£1.5 million from public and community transport spending by 2015/16 and this consultation form aims to collect the views and preferences of individual users to aid us in the decision making process. A separate consultation form can be completed to collect the views and preferences of groups and organisations.
What does Hampshire County Council currently spend and provide?
Currently Hampshire County Council spends £4.7 million on supporting local bus service
and ferries across Hampshire, with a further £1 million spent on supporting community
transport services. The County Council supports 200 bus services across the county,
which accounts for 28% of bus journeys, the other 72% being made on commercial
services which do not receive a subsidy from the County Council. The bus services
supported by the County Council cater for around 4 million of the 30 million bus
passenger trips in Hampshire in a year. In addition to this Hampshire County Council
spends £13.4 million on concessionary fares providing people with older, disabled and
companion passes and travel vouchers.
How can I take part in this consultation?
There is a link on the front page of One Community web site called have your say. This link will take you directly to the Hammpshire County Council page where you can download the relevant form.
There are four sections to the form:
• Section 1 asks questions about you;
• Section 2 asks questions about how you use our services;
• Section 3 asks questions about how the proposed changes may affect you;
• Section 4 asks questions about alternative services.
You can also download or complete online directly from the HCC site at
www.hants.gov.uk/transportconsultation2014 from Wednesday 5 March 2014.
Consultation response forms are also available in large print.
Please return your completed consultation response form by 31 May 2014 to:
Passenger Transport Group
Hampshire County Council
48-52 Andover Road
Winchester, SO23 7BH
Telephone: 01962 846785
This year will be the 30th celebration of national Volunteers' Week. As usual, Volunteer Centre Eastleigh is organising a Volunteers' Certificate Presentation, together with the Mayor of Eastleigh to volunteers who either live or volunteer withinth the borough of Eastleigh. To qualify volunteers should have given a minimum of 100 hours service or have volunteered for a year.
This year. in a change to our usual practice, the event will be held in the eveining, at 18.45pm for 17.00pm on Wednesday 4th June, at Age Concern, 20 Romsey Road, Eastleigh S050 9AL. Light refreshments (drinks and nibbles) will be served. Every volunteer nominated will be invited to receive a certificate, unless they have been nominated previously. If no more nominationsare received than be accommodated, those received last will be held over for another occasion.
If you would like to nominate volunteers from your organisation, please get in touch. Each nominations must be submitted on one of our nomination forms, downloadable here. For further information call 023 8090 2458